Sunday 30 June 2013

Those Secretary Days.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

It is supposed to be the 3rd post since 8th June 2013 but something just cocked up and I was not able to update blog as required. So much things happened around these 2 months. And to be honest, they are all actually indescribable by words.

I am not the type who have much wisdom to share any kind of motivational or inspirational post. I, myself, am learning to be as matured as I could. And all my posts have been about my own experiences. Too bad readers, this time round it's gonna be same thing :p

Perhaps you might want to really read between the lines of what I am about to convey.

I hope everyone could still remember, I have once told ya about me being the secretary of Accounting Night 2013. So let me just share bits of it yah.

Accounting Night 2013 was held on 27th April 2013 which fell on Saturday. Alhamdulillah everything went smoothly as planned except for the delay of our Dean from our own faculty. 

Okay not going to talk about the entire event. But being secretary is not as easy as I could ever think before. Well I do love doing reports. I do love writing letters. Well I really thought I could enjoy things.

I am not being racist. Well I hate racism. But it was just hard to work with a bunch of big group, and me, being the only malay girl in the central committee. As aware guys, as I have told you like so many times before, I have never ever joined any program before (other than SERU), so I do not have much experience working with the Chinese. It was awkward and I tend to isolate myself at certain times.

I am sorry to put at the evaluation form, blaming my mates for communicating in thier language and made my self isolated for that reason. Initially I though it was rude. And I have to gain my respect. That WAS WHAT I THOUGHT in the very first place. But to think of it back, as I sit back and think thoroughly all that I have done throughout the event, I did not at all blame my mates for communicating in their languages.

I am the one to blame for I have actually learned Mandarin and Chinese for more than one year during my 2nd year Diploma and worst, I forgot them all. I cant even recall any single common phrase. I did not practice and there it goes, I learn for nothing. Only then I realise, how important is Mandarin in our society now. Kalau saya praktikkan ilmu tu dari dulu, tentunya sekarang tak menjadi apa2 masalah.

Could still remember my 3rd coaching session with my coachees, where I let out all these to my coachees. And Eddie (Edwin Jelenggai) just simply said this one sentence, that made me realised that it was entirely my own mistakes. Why should I blame others?

Eddie cakap : "Kak Tiqa belajar lah cakap Cina. Itu sahaja caranya."

Sentap. Sentap sangat. Cause what I did was like trying to run away from problems by isolating myself and giving excuses, not mixing around with my own committee. 

Well. Any Chinese friends, if you are reading this, please note that I deeply apologise for this. Trust me. We could all still work together if we understand each other well. Regardless of our race. (:

Other than that, being a secretary helps me alot in terms of knowing soooooooo many stuffs. Be it in the faculty staffs, other faculty's, as well as HEP's staffs. It was fun. And indeed peeps, it is such a pleasure when others know you as well. Hehe. 

Being a secretary helps me to be more open. Cause we deal with other parties. And there goes entirely my Phlegmatic-ness, and I am able to negotiate things with people, being a lil bit dominant, and get things done as it should. Patience is all we need.

So guys, I learn a lesson. 

Never be afraid to try something new. Cause if we have faith in ourselves, and leave the rest to HIM, the knowledge and experiences, as well as the lessons, that we'll gain is so much valuable that we could ever thought. 

Well. And as for this,
THANK YOU UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA ACCOUNTING CLUB.
THANK YOU ACCOUNTING NIGHT 2013 (:




والله أعلم بالصواب

Tunggu next post ! I am writingggg. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment