Saturday 1 September 2012

The Official One?

بسم الله الرّحمن الرّحيم



Alhamdulillah. Thanks SERU for this email. Thanks Abang Mirul and Kak Elin, for selecting me as the REAL Sahabat SERU. Thanks for still acknowledging me as part of SERU member even though I did not update my blog according to the specific period as what and how it has been requested.

Tho I'm still not confirmed if I can attend the event on 6th Sept due to some family problems here at home, but here, this is the latest update. (:

***************************************************************************

Now let me share my particulars.

Name:

Name given by my mum was Nur Atiqah Bte Abdul Malik. People call me Tiq, or Ika, or Tiqah. I'm all okay with all the nicknames, as long as it links to my name (:

Age:

Born in 1991, December 23rd. Haha. Thus, I'm now 20 years and 8 months old. ;) Not that old.

Hometown:

I'm a Singaporean, now residing in Taman Pulai Indah, Johor Bahru. Used to live in Singapore for 15 years and 2 months. Shifted to JB on 15th March 2007.

Parents are staying in JB. Dad works in Singapore and go in and out Singapore-JB every single day. Mum is a fulltime housewife, a tailor, sews Baju Kurung, Jubah, Dress, Blouse and Baju Melayu.

Eldest sister settled down in Bangi after getting married with a Malaysian.
Second sister works as an Admin Staff in a medical centre in Singapore, and stays at Granny's place in Singapore.
And me, the third one.
And finally, my youngest brother, 16 years old, now studying in Maahad Diini, Qurtubah, Kuwait.

Primary and Secondary Education:

Obtained my primary and secondary school education at Al-Maarif Islamic Institution, Geylang Road, Singapore. Yep. Primary and secondary level at the same school. 

Took PSLE (Primary School Leaving Examination) in 2003, which is equivalent to UPSR in Malaysia and scored an A, and the rest were B. Hmm yep. It was bad.

Took O-Level Examination, which is equivalent to SPM in 2007 during secondary 4, and also Peperiksaan Shahadah Thanawi Empat, an exam specifically for religious subjects. Dont ask for the grades for the academic subjects. I only scored my ukhrawi subjects. C's to all science subjects ):

Tertiary Education:

Pursued studies for Diploma level at Selangor International Islamic University College (KUIS), in Bangi. Majoring in Accounting, for 3 years, from 2008 to 2011.

I'm now in year 2, University of Malaya, majoring in the same field, Bachelor in Accounting (: InsyaAllah will be graduating in 3 years time.

I did not do well during my primary and secondary school time. But guess what? Alhamdulillah even though I did not have any basics in Accounting in the very first place, but look at the picture below. It was taken during the Event of KUIS 14th Convocation on 27th November 2011.


See something there?. Imma give you a guess. Spot a name there, please ! ;)

That was my biggest achievement ever in my education. 

Working Experience:

Working is fun. Indeed. Especially when you get the job that you like and you really enjoy doing your work, with all your heart.

I started to earn my own pocket money as early as 14 years old, where I started to teach reading Muqaddam and Al-Quran at my own house in Singapore at that time. The class was initiated first by my eldest sister. The moment when she pursued her studies in Malaysia, my second sister took over it. And when she too pursued her diploma in Malaysia, the class was passed down to me :p

In early 2008 when I was on vacation waiting for my O-Level result, I worked for an accounting firm, Shared Financial Services, in Singapore, which handles all accounts of all mosques in Singapore. That was the very first time I get involved in Accounting before deciding to pursue my tertiary education in Accounting Field. I worked as an Accounts Clerk. Get the basic ideas of debit credit, journal entries and bank reconciliation. It was fun (: Working colleagues are all malays. Way too older than me (17 years old at that time), the youngest before me was 23. But nevertheless, I learned alot.

I continued to work at SFS during every semester break when I was in KUIS. At the moment, I also did a part-time teaching at Andalus Private Institute, an institution for part time religious studies. I used to teach all levels. From kindergarten to secondary 4. It was awkward. As I was still young, as young as the students itself.

At the end of semester 6 in KUIS, I did my internship in Unit Audit Dalam, UKM, Bangi, for two months. Learned alot about internal auditing. The best-est experience ever. 

A month after internship, I worked part time at First Lady Outlet in Geylang, Singapore as sales assistant. Working for 10 hrs a day with a day off in a week. Right after a week, I received an offer to work at OCBC Bank as a Banking Clerk in the Payment Operation Department. And I accepted it. That was the first time I worked with all races. Indian and Chinese, and they were all fun, non-racist. And I had a real great time working in a Bank, a work I've never thought I could get involved with. (: Alhamdulillah.

Little Bit About Myself:

I'm indescribable by myself. Hahah. I just love simplicity. I'm simple. I'm not fussy. I love to make friends. I love to listen to problems, as I believe, I can learn alot from others too. 

But I did write something about myself in the first few posts in this blog. U can click on this link: Little Things About Myself


NUR ATIQAH BEFORE JOINING SERU

I'm someone who thinks that I'm all alone by myself ever since I enrolled into UM. I've always thought those locals who get into UM are all genius people and yes, I feel so much inferior. Thought that they were much better than me. Thought that they wouldnt want to befriend me, especially when my grades for last semester was bad. In short, I've had that negative attitude towards people. I was being pessimist.

I tend to look down on myself. Thinking that I could not go far on this. And talking about entering SERU in the very first place, thought that I might just quit this SERU one fine day, as I have never committed to any club before. And thought that I couldnt make any friends here in SERU.

I thought I can never make it in my exams. I thought I can never score 3.0 and above. It feels so hard. I dont care much of how I appear to be. I love simplicity and I love being myself. I hate to be pretentious. And one more thing you need to know about me, I talk too fast till most of the time people cant understand what exactly I'm saying, or what I have to say.


NUR ATIQAH AFTER JOINING SERU

It was amazing, gratitude to Allah s.w.t that the opposites to all of the above things, do happen. I know I can do it. Especially the moment when I managed to score 3.22 for my 2nd semester exams. Classmates do accept me for who I am. They dont mind befriending a foreigner. They treat me equally. They listen to what I have to say. The same goes to all my SERU members. They accept my opinions, and they never look down on, be it on my appearance, my style, nor my grades in exams. Its like no boundaries between us (:

I tend to be more confident of myself. I know I can do it.

Talking about 'talking too fast', hmmm. Something that still needs to be improvised. Oh well, I managed to do some presentation before my 2nd semester ends, and it all went smoothly. It was my Marketing Presentation on the marketing strategies of Nestle Sdn Bhd. It was an awesome feeling when everyone smiled during my presentation, and at the end of the presentation, lecturer said:

"You spoke very well. Very fluent. Very good."

Oh my goodness. What a remark?. Does that mean I managed not to talk too fast?. Hehe. I hoped so. Nevertheless, Alhamdulillah. (:

********************************************************************

Honestly, I'm happy to be part of this. But I'm just a normal human being and I'm just scared I just could not give my full commitment in the next coming sessions. But I know, how we do anything is how we do everything. InsyaAllah I will try my very best, if I could attend the event on 6th of September and recognized as REAL Sahabat SERU.

والله أعلم بالصّواب

No comments:

Post a Comment