Saturday 30 March 2013

1st and 2nd Coaching Session !

بسم الله الرّحمن الرّحيم

Assalamualaikum dan Salam Satu Malaysia ! Hehe.

Alhamdulillah 1st coaching session done on 20th March and the second on last Wednesday (27th March)
Everything went smoothly, cuma kumpulan Inia tak dapat hadir. Sbb Inia sendiri tidak sihat.

Nevertheless, 1st coaching session tetap berjalan. Handled by Arif Wawan and Me.
And alhamudlillah alhamdulillah alhamdulillah every coachees under us managed to be there.
Huge thanks darling brothers and sisters (:

*************************************************************************

FIRST COACHING SESSION

It was undeniable that butterflies were all in my stomach on the very 1st day of coaching. Seeing majority of them are punctual, be there on time, as promised, at KPS, and patiently waiting for Arif and Me, I get even more nervous. ><
Thanks to Arif Wawan, for officiating the 1st session, and was there together. (sbb Inia takde...) (:

Nothing much could describe the 1st session as I was REALLY GRATEFUL that ALL the members managed to share alot of thingsssssss with us, and they seem to be comfortable with us.

1st coaching session was about goal settings and we did like a round-table method..taking turns on sharing our points. Err Okay not really cause we dont like to so-called force people to talk.
What I preferred is for my coachees to just say whatever they like to say, anything that they would like to share, just anything as long as they speak.Obviously, there will no right and wrong answers for the goal settings session. Its just how we all set our goals, be it short term, or long term.
Guess what? Alhamdulillah again......
Everyone does not seem to be THAT awkward to share with us their goals, not as what I've expected in the very first place...
Wait, wait..Nah.. Its not that I'm thinking negatively towards my coachees.
But I do understand the situation where we have to share something with someone we just knew.
Its like.. "krikk.. krik..."
But yes, thank god, everyone has their own point, and without having me to pin-point anybody that often, some of them were willingly offer to share their goal settings.

And, obviously I was a bit embarrassed to share much as I know I still lack of certain knowledge, and afterall, coachees and US, there are not much differences, we are still studying, still struggling to to be the best. What kind of wisdom should I contribute?. Will they learn something from me?.

As for me, Yes. I did learned alot. In terms of development. In which has stated in the workbook that were given to us, there are 6 types of development and which is the most important thing that we think we really need to improve on.
I could still remember my ranking:
1) Spiritual and Religious Development
2) Behavior Development
3) Health Development
4) Personal and Leadership Development
5) Academic Development
6) Extra-curricular Development

Well yes, in my very personal opinion, once we have the spirit to do a thing, we surely gonna commit and behave positively on that particular matter. But what about the others?..

I learned through my coachees, more on how they want to improve on these developments.
More on how they feel that they have been drifted away from HIM and go after Dunya. Their so-called regrets yet the awesome determination to change, I can see.
Subhanallah. Seriously ... Korang member satu semangat dalam diri Akak (:

Not forgetting Eddie, who was willing to share his personal problem, well of course I shall not spill it out here ^^ Thanks alot. You know, its not easy for a guy to share things.
Well then, I assume, or shall I say, I believe, that you must have put the trust in us, therefore you are willing to share. Either way it may be, you are such a strong boy with strong spirits !

Well some of my coachees tend to be a bit shy in this 1st coaching session, but I was way too relieved that they are willing to co-operate with us in making the 1st coaching session a success one. Alhamdulillah.

Well, lets see how the next coaching session goes ~

***********************************************************

SECOND COACHING SESSION

All praises to Him. 2nd coaching session tetap berjalan walau tanpa kumpulan Arif Wawan dan Inia kali nie.. >< Everyone has a very tight timetable and we could not find any suitable time to gather all of the EMPIRE PUMA members.

Maaf. Tak dapat nak gather semua. Sumpah. Rindu nak jumpa semua EMPIRE PUMA.

This time round we held it Faculty of Business and Accountancy, to be specific, at Dataran Zaba.
Time promised at 8pm. And guess what, everyone was there EVEN BEFORE 8pm!
MasyaAllah I was surprised. I was sooo happy to see them that I just could not stop smiling at that time, despite the butterflies (again) I had in my stomach, thinking that I had to handle the coaching session all alone by myself tonite with my 5 coachees, plus with 2 members from Inia's group..
So overall, there were 7 coachees handled by just me, during this 2nd session.

Okay the module for the 2nd coaching session was "360 degree feedback".
Its about highlighting and identifying our weaknesses and strengths..
Generally, everyone needs to prepare a list, of their weaknesses and strengths, by 3 different categories of people.
1st category, it needs to be from someone who is from our personal life
2nd category, it needs to be someone from your surroundings.
3rd category, it needs to be from someone who you dont like, or you dont even know!
3 persons for each categories.

Interesting huh?

But unfortunately my coachees did not manage to fulfill the requirement needed, and therefore I decided to assign just a short LDK among them.
All they needed to do is just to take out a piece of paper,
and do the homework, for the 3rd category.
Well yeah obviously the reason is because they have not know each other that well yet.
That took about 15 minutes, and I was amazed on how excited these girls are.
Something I have not expected. I thought they would sigh or anything.
But yeah, they were enjoying themselves. So I let them be.

15 minutes past, and the first question I asked was:
"How was that? How do you guys feel when I asked you to do this task?.."
Alhamdulillah their response was enlightening!
"BEST. SUKA SANGAT.."

J volunteered to speak first, and followed by me picking up any of them.
Ada yang kata, apa yang dikatakan tentang kelemahan dan kekuatan mereka tu betul.
Ada yang kata tidak.
For those who didnt say it suit them, I asked for their sharing on what they think are their real strength and weaknesses. And they did shared.

It was half past nine and I started to share things about myself too.
On how I did this assignment last year with Kak Elin, on what are my weaknesses back then, and how have I improved on it and stuffs.
Then the most challenging part began. I request them to list down the strength and weaknesses that they see in, from the very first time they met me, up until now. Well yes, they, too, fall on the 3rd category.. Antara orang2 yang saya tak kenal sangat.
And there it goesssssssssssss ~

It was contradictary to last year's comment from those who didnt know me that well.
Dulu orang kata saya sombong, muka garang, tak reti senyum. Muka tension.
And sekarang, it is the other way round. (:

That explains why, my personality has changed from Phlegmatic to Sanguine (:

Again, I did learned alot from this 2nd session.
One of them looks so quiet during the 1st session, but masyaAllah, when they speak, I can feel the wisdom flow out of their mouth. Especially when some of them mention some of my weakness xD
Tak marah. Sebab ada betulnya.
Being too talkative, or toooooo opened, may have the negative side tho.. not only being friendly...
But some people may be annoyed with us too. Or just cant be bothered.

Of course, this kind of session let me know my coachees, or to be specific, more better and help me identify what kind of persons they are., What personality they have, and how should I react to them, or mix with them in the future.

THANK YOU Jayasri, Nadwa, Jannah, Azila, Annajah, Atikah dan Izyani

Psssst, jangan lupa buat homework yah.. (:
Update your blogs regarding the strengths and weaknessed from your peers and personal life..
Sebab hari tu tak share kan? So kita nak baca kat blog awok2..

AND, the homework on Wheel of Life page 26 of the workbook ! (:

*************************************************************



Hoping for better tomorrow.
Better coaching session.
Better bondings among us.
InsyaAllah Allahumma Ameeeen (:

والله أعلم بالصّواب

No comments:

Post a Comment